November 17, 2011

When you cross my path quietly enough...

  


It was the first time ever; you were introduced to me by an out-lander!
And your familiar form appeared to me as if little unknown…
…It is so painful, I may not bear,
Dear home, please, don’t look to me, so much like a stranger!



I thought I had left you behind, crossed the shore
But you told me, that you had not;
More than ever now, you are precious to me, even more!




I did not know how sweet your taste was,
about your aroma, much, I did not care,
Now I know all this, as I find myself searching for you everywhere!




When I got from you, the very first post,
I jumped with joy glancing at the monthly inside,
But for some reason, I kept glancing at the cover stamp the most!




When you cross my path, quietly enough;
You leave a tear in my eye,
no matter how I am tough…



Images and Poem Copyrights © 2011 Gyaneshwari Dave

5 comments:

Commenting is simple here.Why keep your thoughts to yourself ? Express !