October 1, 2011

God Likes To Please Us Too!


"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears"

- Native American Proverb


Finally, the sun hid behind the suddenly arriving army of rain clouds, and I heaved a sigh of relief. I thought, the dark clouds were there to stay, the Sun should not appear any time soon now…

It was perfect for the trip...cold breeze started flowing and in no time, it was drizzling with those graceful, gentle drops of rain…
But then, after a while, looking adamant on spoiling my trip, the Sun came out once again…

As the drive progressed, with the complaint in my eyes, I kept gazing the sun in front of me-“NOW FOR WHAT HAVE YOU COME AGAIN?”

After few moments passed, I spotted a beautiful river on the side of the road; I got down to take a picture of that river there.

I looked down, pointing my camera towards the river. But the sun annoyed me there too…it was right in front of me, and of course, was making it impossible for me to create a good shot…

Disappointed, I looked at the Sun in a helpless manner; it was there, staring at me, smiling cunningly, almost as if it was trying to tell me- "Look Behind!"
Suddenly, I turned my back, and then what I saw was something absolutely larger than life…
…I had got the answer for my question- “NOW FOR WHAT HAVE YOU COME AGAIN?”

The sun had come again to write his poetry this time…the most beautiful of all…
I had learnt my lesson, when it rains but the sun refuses to go away, never look down and look up! You may miss god’s own smile otherwise…The rainbow!

It was the most splendid rainbow I had ever seen in my life.With the VIBGYOR shining in all their vibrant glory, with both the ends pointing the horizon in a neat and sharp manner, and the whole trail clearly visible in the background of dark sky. 

Flawless! Perfect! Immaculate!

What a grace, what a splendor, it was surreal; it was divine…The display of God’s generosity was in its full swing…

For the longest time, I had hard time believing it, how come the creator can exhibit something so angelic, so casually... just like that... by the road side!! I wonder why do people go and brave those maddening crowds of religious pilgrimages; stand in those long queues, and sometimes even bribe priests to have a glance of “God”...

Whenever people ask me, do you believe in god? Most of the times, my reply is- I don’t know about that, but when I see nature in all its grandeur, I get goose bumps…may be that is what we call the realization of god being there…
In most of our religions we believe that pleasing the god is everything, by rituals, by offerings, by doing good did and so on…

But sometimes I really think, he/she likes to please us too! 

Imagine a child who is asking for one little toy since hours…begging, crying and shouting for it…and suddenly but quietly enough too, he discovers a hidden room in his home... with a huge pile of toys in it.
I was just as happy, even more…

Before leaving that spot, I looked at the sun and whispered silently… Thanks!

Image & Article Copyrights © 2011 Gyaneshwari Dave

1 comment:

  1. Wow - This is so impressive & real.

    I felt like i was there at that place right now when i was reading this beautiful post.

    This made my day. Nice Work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is simple here.Why keep your thoughts to yourself ? Express !